Saturday, May 1, 2010

Very Busy

Thursday and Friday I was very busy, and in the end managed to get everything accomplished that I really had to, and even a couple of things that I wanted to but that weren’t absolutely necessary. I let myself put “writing in my blog” lower down on my priority list, which at this moment I’m not pleased about, but not kicking myself about either. On the other hand I did let myself get together with one friend over dinner on Thursday, and I spent all afternoon with another friend Friday. So, it’s not like it was all work and no play.

Good stuff happened Friday – I met with the medical supply rep from Mobility Solutions, and we hammered out the specs for the next chair I want. I have to write up a rough draft for the Letter of Medical Necessity, and the office has to get his paperwork including the prescription together. My doc has to sign these, and then they go to the insurance company, hopefully by the end of this coming week. I’ll have time on Sunday to write more, so I plan to talk more about this stuff then. The decision process for what to order was not quite what I expected.

I had an interesting compliment yesterday too. The contractor who did the work for us when we moved in, remodeling the 2 bathrooms and building Jim’s office, stopped by to catch up on news. He’s a good guy, and I like him – did good work too. He’s a friend of mine on facebook, and saw that I had a blog, and has read some of it. That alone is a compliment, but then he said that when he read My Story, it made him teary – not sad, not pity, but just touched. And that touched me! I think it’s the first time I realized someone might react emotionally to what I’d written, and from a very unlikely source.

No comments:

Post a Comment