Friday, June 4, 2010

ups and downs

It’s been a busy week. Here it is Friday night, a quiet evening with Jim at Chess, and I’ve spent most of it paying bills and taking care of household business. It’s just taken me all week to get through this stuff bit by bit.

Granted not all of the activities were ‘work’. This afternoon I spent with friends and went out to a movie.

Low lights:
1 – wrist pain as a result of strain at dance class, but already getting better 3 days later
2 – low sleep as a result of wrist and getting up early for cat medicine, which thankfully is over! Jasper sees the vet next week and then we’ll know for sure if he’s healed ok.
3 – 3 hrs at dealer today to get spring in Chair Topper fixed, and to adjust hand controls, which now make car feel different (I’ll get used to it) Note that it took 6 business days for part to arrive. I’ll have to go back again with the new wheelchair to make sure it fits up there too, could need adjustment
4 – an awful lot of bills and paperwork to do, including form for Jim’s unclaimed CA funds
5 – hair cut and color appointment – as much as I love the woman who cuts my hair, I hate those 2 hour appointments, but I like the way I look

High lights;
1 – Padres won on Monday, and fireworks!
2 – Humane Society gave me a new project to do, organizing the photos for their Calendar contest
3 – 20+ of our favorite vacation photos are up on the walls, looking beautiful
4 – talked to Stephen on the phone one night
5 – saw the movie Babies, very cute and enjoyed being with friends
6 – knowing new wheelchair is being made, to arrive June 14, can’t believe it
7 – last but not least, a thank you to AARP’s magazine for the website – www.disableddiscounts.com . AARP has come through with some interesting money saving tips before, and their notes about this site interested me. There’s a fee, $25 for their service, which initially made me skeptical. But I do trust AARP to some degree, so I signed up. There may not be much on the site that will apply to me, but I’ve already found one hit that will more than pay for that $25 fee. Apparently SDG&E has a program for an increased medical baseline due to medical conditions, and paraplegia is on the list. Living near the coast this isn’t quite the issue it would be inland, but I could save some money. And I know others who would definitely save money. More later, once I’ve gone through the whole website.


And that was my week! In the balance, busy, but not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment